Back to Ben's main page.
1. Blackberries, huckleberries growing wild.
2. A calf being born. Then the mother turning around and licking the calf vigorously for a minute or so and then the calf getting up and nursing that first milk, which is so nourishing. It is called colostrum.
3. A litter of little pigs nursing.
4. Gathering eggs out of the hen house.
5. Wisteria, lilacs, honeysuckle, roses.
6. Putting a ring in a bull's nose.
7. Picking strawberries.
8. Growing silver queen.
9. Driving the farm truck at 12 yrs.
10. " so wrecklessly that my mother said simply: You're gonna kill yourself.
11. Driving the horses from on top of a high load of loose hay and seeing their muscles ripple as they pulled the wagon out of the field and into the barn.
Contact Ben's fifth kid: send an email; view guestbook; sign guestbook.
Back to Donald Sauter's main page.
Helpful keywords not in the main text: silver queen corn (the first variety of corn that did not have a one-hour time limit from the field to the dinner table for full flavor.)